Sunday, April 12, 2009

Disneyland

In February, we went with some good friends (Dave and Sarah Prisbrey) to Southern California. We had a great trip, and even visited some family along the way (thanks to Jamie for hosting us in Vegas for 3 nights). Because I'm sick of looking at my last post, here are some photos:





Not many crowds. It was great.



Mylie and Abbey in Minnie's bed.


Lunch with the princesses.


My lunch. Mmmmmmm...



Traditional Souvenir hats.



Mylie was scared of most of the rides. Often, while waiting in line, her whole body would quiver in fear (no exaggeration).


We hit the beach. Abbey loved the water. As the waves rolled across her feet, she wondered if she was moving or the water. It was hilarious. I left my sun glasses sitting on a rock right around here. If any readers visit Oceanside, California, please look for them for me.


Within seconds of setting foot near the ocean, both girls were wiped out by waves. Emotionally, Mylie still hasn't fully recovered.

We also visited Hoover Dam. There were plenty of dam jokes. I hear so much about how much Mylie looks like her mom - I like this photo, because it details that indeed she has some of her dad's genes (look at the belly).

10 comments:

Kelli said...

i got so excited for your new post, i had to go to the bathroom.

see you tomorrow!

Kelli said...

ps mylie kinda reminds me of piper sometimes...

Ferguson Family said...

Holy crap you updated! Nice pics. I don't see any octopus in that lunch of yours, whats up with that? Looks like fun.

Mary said...

I love the Mylie pics. Hilarious.

nettie said...

wow, this truly is an easter miracle. mylie's belly looks like morgans.

was mylie afraid of the sand too? we need to go to the beach together so morgan and mylie can sit on the beach and complain about how scary the waves are, then morgan will complain about having sand all over her hands too.

Natalie said...

This is so fun to find you! Thank you for sending your link. I'm sitting here trying to figure out when I saw you last, it's been way too long. It looks like you guys had so much fun and your girls are adorable!

Eric and Maryn said...

Looks like a fun vacation. You guys have such cute daughters! We're going in October and we're already counting down. If you have any good tips pass them on.

Mommy (a.k.a Melissa) said...

Emily I found your blog . . .well it was by accident really, but I'm adding it to my list if you don't mind. Your kids are adorable!! You need to call when you come to Fallon. Check out our blog if you want.

www.mackedons.blogspot.com

Melissa

Bekah D said...

Mase....hee hee hee....great blog. Love the pics of you guys! Looks like you had a blast in Cali. You need to tell Dougher that Disneyland is a happy place, not a place to be mocked and scorned :-) Hope you guys are well. Say hi to Em for me!

xoxo
bekah

Dixie said...

Yeah!!! Your family is darling. Glad to hear from you Emily! If you ever pass through Grand Junciton on your way to visit Jeff and Nettie, give us a call. We are on the southern, more scenic route. :)