Sunday, September 7, 2008

Firsts

(Sorry Nettie, I copied your title, but it fits)
Abbey's first day of preschool was 2 weeks ago (yes I am behind). She loves it and it's fun to hear all about it when she comes home. I wish I could peek in a watch her for one day, it's fun to observe your kids when they don't know your watching.
I'm a preschooler!

Mylie wishes she was a preschooler!

This is Abbey and her friend Ashley, who we carpool with to and from preschool


Finding their name tags. Her teacher, Miss Cindy, is on the left. She has converted her basement into a preschool.

Minutes after this last picture was taken, I left with Mylie kicking and screaming because she wanted to stay and play.




Another first... I ran my first half marathon on Saturday. It took place over the mountain in Huntsville. When we got there it was a freezing 38 degrees, but once the sun came up it turned out to be a perfect day for running. Brandon and the girls came and cheered me on about half way through. It was fun to see them and it gave me an extra boost of energy.


About Mile 8


My friend/running partner Nannette. I never would have done it without her.

Me with my cheering squad.

It was a perfect day weather wise and the scenery was beautiful. I finished in 2 hours 9 minutes. It was a fun and rewarding experience and I hope to do it again some day.

14 comments:

jamie k said...

wow. wow to abbey looking so grown up and wow to you doing a 1/2 marathon. holy cow!!! good time! you look good. how long were you training for it?

(i wish i could click on the photos to blow them up...)

jamie k said...

ps. pretty flowers in your yard.

nettie said...

that's totally awesome (the 1/2 marathon)!

Mary said...

Impressive Em. I especially like your running attire. You look like a pro.

Brandon said...

Emily,

When you upload an image, make sure it is the 'large' size. Then Jamie can click on it and make it bigger. Then, she will find farting funny...

cathy said...

Congratulations to both of you ( Abbey & Emily)-Thats a great time! Poor Mylie, it's so hard for them at that age-they think they should be able to do everything their big sisters get to(I remember going through the same thing with my big sister)

cathy said...

btw-what is that sign in your yard-"Got Scum??" what are you guys selling?!!!-

Anonymous said...

Cathy, that sign is our neighbors. At the beginning of the summer salesmen came around our neighborhood selling a service to remove the brown hard water spots around foundations and cement walls etc. They offered a discount if you kept a sign in your yard all summer. We didn't have it done, but the saleman was Max Jackson's oldest son from our old ward.

CALLING ALL BLOGGERS: I need help. About the clicking on the pictures thing... I uploaded all these pictures the same, you can click on the top two but none of the others. Someone help PLEASE! I hate when I'm looking at blogs and I can't click on the pictures. This blogging things frustrates me and makes me in a bad mood I somehow always delete pictures and have to re-upload them. I need training or I might call it quits. Am I alone here or has anyone else had these same problems? Is there a help session out there for blogging dummies like me?
(This comment could have been a whole blog post all by itself)

Emily said...

The above comment is from me, Emily. I don't know why that came up anonymous... I rest my case!

nettie said...

emily, please don't call it quits.

It just happens sometimes, you can't click on the pics. I don't know why. I delete pictures all the time too, but on my computer I can hit command Z (maybe control z on your computer), and the erased pics come back. It's actually the "undo" button. Check under edit (by file it might tell you exactly what to push).

Kelli said...

yay emily! was it hard? that is so awesome!

i always delete pictures and i get so mad! the blogging format isn't as user friendly as it should be. everything else is so user friendly except the actual blogging.

abbey is adorable!

Kelli said...

oh yeah...

DONT QUIT (treat blogging like the half marathon)

I love the picture of abbey in the second picture.

Kim said...

I know in my blog that you can't click on a picture if I have moved it in the writing of my blog, if I drag it or control x it and then paste it I can't click on it to get big. I have gotten to where I try to upload them in the order I want them - but I usually forget one and then that one won't blow up big!

Heidi said...

Emily, you are amazing! How long did you train? What made you decide to take this on? Great job!