Sunday, November 7, 2010

Nine months in pictures


Ice Skating at the ice sheet.  Notice the curling targets, this is where the olympic curling took place.  They give curling lessons and have leagues, I  may be interested.
Grandpa Sorensen's Funeral.  These are my dad's brother and sisters (minus Randy who was sick in the hospital.  Now passed on with my grandma and grandpa)

 Some of the cousins and sister (no, Jamie is not nursing)
    Baby cousins:  Sammy, Garrett, Ginger, Dallin.
 Hiking with Dad
Ogden Valley and Pineview Resevoir



Back to Fallon
Weinie roast at the flats (I don't remember it being such a dirty place as a kid)  Ashley and Abbey

 The two boys:  Dallin and Garrett
 Day trip to Donner memorial:  On the way back to Reno I was so hungry the thought of eating my family didn't seem like such a bad idea.
 Donner Lake
 I couldn't keep Garrett out of the water so I finally just took off his clothes. 

Back to Ogden
We took the gondola up to the top of snow basin and did the short hike to the top of the peak with the Prisbreys

Family reunion in Heber City
Theater room/girl headquarters
 minute to win it games
 hot tub
 Wish I would have taken more pictures of the reunion, I did a horrible job in that department.

School starts
 Abbey's walk to her first day of first grade

 Mylie's in pre-school
 I ran the Top of Utah half Marathon 2hrs 12 min.  (I wish I could say those were nursing boobs, but I was done months before the race.)
 Fall Soccor.  Mylie #4
 I don't know where the camera was for Abbey's game so heres the best pic of her in her uni.

Hogle Zoo
Can you spy the Gorilla?


 Mylie wanted to learn to ride a bike without training wheels (her idea)...
 ...5 minutes later
 Garrett doing what he does best.
In the heat vent
 Obviously that child lock doesn't work
 Practicing for his career as a contortionist.  Hoping to work as a street performer in Vegas one day.

 Sweet
 Happy Birthday Garrett!
Balls out Party

Halloween

 Yoda, Dorthy and a Fairy
 Yoda wouldn't keep his hat on so for pictures we had to hold his arms down.
 Trick-or-Treat
 Jazz Game
Abbey got a hug from big T Baily
 She was also afraid of heights.  (both terrible pictures, I know, but you get the idea.)
See ya in 6 months

11 comments:

Kelli said...

i woke up so early this morning excited to look at your blog. i noticed you texted me at 12! i had been asleep for at least 2 hours.

you really REALLY need to let everyone know that you MADE that yoda hat! it is soooooo cool! i want one! you could sell those so lickety split (if you wanted to). i am jealous. i kind of want to learn the trade of crochet now.


i don't think i can wait 6 months until the next post.

Mary said...

Yes. Love me a Masonology post. There's too many one liners to even comment on. Lol. Cute kids as usual.

That hat is radical! I hear you're getting to be quite to crocheter now. My mom's working on an afghan for me right now.

PS, you should do a post of what you want for Christmas so we can get ideas.

Kelli said...

me again.

you should read "alive". then you will really be convinced to eat your own family.

no really though, you should read it for book club.

Kelli said...

ok, there is so much to discuss. i might be coming back often to comment.

that picture of mylie riding her bike made me laugh so hard. she's a funny girl.

nettie said...

yeah, the picture of mylie totally made me laugh.

and i want to see some more pics of the hats you've made, and if possible I'd like to buy one for morgan and ginger.

i love garret in the heat vent, he's such a crazy kid, and i love his cake. do those cupcakes have gumballs on them (or are they bouncy balls), if they are gumballs, they are calling myname.

jamie k said...

LOVE that cake. did you make it?

the pics of garrett just make me laugh. ha.

more updates PLEASE!!!

Emily said...

I'm still trying to figure out the sizing for hats. I unravelled Garretts 3 times and it was still too big. I still need a little practice.

Nettie, yes those are gumballs, wish you would have been here because I threw most of them away (my kids were mad). You have always loved gumballs, me not so much.


Mary, I will if you will. We can exchange birthday wish lists.

Kelli, i will suggest Alive for next years list.

Emily said...

Oops, I mean Christmas wish lists.

Kelli said...

you didn't answer jamie's question

Emily said...

Yes, I made it. I have one of those dome cake pans that leaves it hollow inside so you can fill it with icecream or pudding or whatever you like. I always do pudding, yummy!

Natalie said...

Emily, I love that you posted. It is so fun to see your cute family. Your girls are growing up, and are adorable. Yoda is awesome, he looks so cute, did you make the hat??? Impressive. And way to go on the half marathon!

BTW, I don't think you should wait nine months to post again... :)