Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hawaii

Let me be honest with you: I hate blogging. It is tedious, and I would like to think that I have better things to do (which I don't). I do, however, like the idea of having a journal to keep memories, and the ability to share some cool things with friends/family far away. Those of you who still read this blog obviously have NOTHING better in life to do, as you are diligently checking in to read the same post over and over again. You should have abandoned this blog long ago. I imagine you out there, holding on to your 'Masonology' bookmark, like I am hanging on to all my cassette and VHS tapes. You know you'll never again receive entertainment from them, but you just can't bear to get rid of them altogether.



Well, today is different, my friends. I'm blogging. We went to Hawaii and had such a great time I wanted to document it here. Without further ado, I present to you:





OK, there will be some 'ado'. I have decided that rather than battle this awful blogging software, I will just post a series of smaller blogs. Maybe 4-5 pictures in each run. Let's get rolling...




This is Hanalei Bay, on the North Shore of Kauai. We stayed in a condo not far from here. If this looks familiar to you, perhaps that is because it is where they filmed 'South Pacific' and a few other movies. Or, maybe it looks familiar to you because you've been there, or I've already bored you with these pictures.




One of the first things I did in Hawaii was buy this boogie board. I loved that I was suddenly a guy who owned a boogie board. It kind of changed my life for a few days. Not that I rode it much at all, but just owning a boogie board made me feel really hip. When in its presence, I wanted to use words like 'bro', 'rad', 'tubular', etc. I resisted this urge, primarily because I didn't want to sound like a washed-up 80's celebrity (yes, I'm talking specifically about Charlie Sheen). I spent my last few hours in Hawaii desperately running around a Wal~Mart, trying to sell a gently used boogie board which was too big to fit in my carry-on luggage. I still miss it...







In addition to the boogie board, I also feel like I left a part of my soul in Hawaii. I miss it already. We really did have a great time.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

"gently used"...hahahah!

my google reader alerts me to when masonology posts a blog. but sometimes i check the actual blog to make sure google reader's not broken. it's worth it.

you look great! this better not be a tease. keep the posts coming.

Mary said...

I feel super cool Boogie Boarding too. I think in reality, other adults look at me like a total amateur because I'm just boogie boarding, not really surfing.

I'm with Kelli. I forget what you guys look like when you don't post. Keep it comin.