Sunday, November 13, 2011

Some Stuff We Did This Fall...

We spent a weekend at my buddy's cabin:


We bought bicycles this summer, and have really used them quite a bit:

These probably aren't the best photos of how the bikes were used, but you get the idea.

This is one of our favorite biking trails.  We went up there one day without the bikes, but with a camera:





We went to Lagoon for Frightmares.  This dumb ride is older than I am.  Somewhere, there is a photo of me in that same spot when I was about 4 years old.

Oh, yeah.  We also saw this Bald Eagle (look close).

Fall seems to have gone by really fast this year.  Snow is already starting to fall here.



11 comments:

Kelli said...

is that emily's hand waving in the bottom pic? it looks like it. for some reason i'm really excited that i can recognize her hand.

that top picture is so pretty! where is that?

Mary said...

During frightmares? Why don't you really confess what day you went to Lagoon. I confess, I've never been.

Emily said...

How did you recognize my old lady hands? I thought it was somebody's grandma's hand.

Well, Rob MADE us go to Lagoon conference weekend (Saturday not Sunday... sinful, I know, but we didn't break the 4th commandment). It was gloriously not busy.

Kelli said...

what's the big deal of going on saturday?

Brandon said...

That is Smith and Morehouse Reservoir, which is just over an hour east of our house. It is up by Oakley, UT. It is really beautiful. I hadn't spent much time up there, but I plan on making it a bigger part of our summer excursions from here out.

Emily said...

sinful because I went to Lagoon instead of watching conference.

Kelli said...

ahhh. i see. old lady hands is the new pizza fatso.

(i don't know what that's supposed to mean.)

jamie k said...

oh yes...going to lagoon conference weekend was discovered back when andy and i were dating. rob, lyle, and andy and i went. there were zero lines. we went on so many rides that andy had to take a break b/c he was getting sick.

ps. when kelli mentioned those were emily's hands, i thought "nah, those look too old". haha. they really are her's.

Kelli said...

ha ha! andy sounds like a lightweight. (jk...i can't even swing on a swing anymore)

i don't even think her hands look old! i thought emily was just being self depricating, as usual.

Kelli said...

and emily, did you have to google the 10 commandments to double check what number "keep the sabbath holy" is?

Emily said...

Ha ha, I really do have old lady hands: big knuckles, wrinkly, tendony, veiny skin.

Nope kelli I got them all memorized... kidding, I totally goodled it.