Saturday, February 21, 2009

Small world or Large Guy?

I don't know if this happens to everybody or not, but I am constantly running into people I know. This is to be expected, I guess, when you live 5 blocks from where you grew up - HOWEVER, this also happens to me in the craziest places. Have you ever heard the story where I met the girls from North Ogden while I was in Paris? Or the time I got on a flight to Atlanta and found out the pilot was one of my best friends? I've decided that either this really is a small world, or maybe it is just super easy to pick me out of a crowd because of my enormous size.

Case in point:

We recently returned from a trip to Southern California (more on that in a future blog, I'm sure) where we stayed in a friend's timeshare in Oceanside. One day, we decided to go down to the beach to let the kids play. On the short walk down to the water, a minivan pulled up to us and someone inside was yelling my name. I turned around and saw a familiar face from high school. It was Alison Smith, who married my buddy Boomer. Come to find out, they lived directly across the street from where we were staying. They lived so close to where we were staying that I could pick up their wireless Internet from our room (his network is called 'BoomDog', by the way). I was doubly excited to see a familiar face, because I figured I would be able to watch the Jazz/Lakers game from their house. Sadly, that didn't happen, as the game wasn't televised for them. But it sure was nice to see them...

5 comments:

Heather said...

It is a small world! It is crazy who I run into where... Love to step into your world! Thanks. You are awesome!!

Kelli said...

ha ha excellent title...

ps i have recently subscribed to "dave's tonics" blog. it cracks me up.

Ali said...

It was good to see you...but you forgot to write the first time I actually saw you, you were jumping in the bushes..ha-ha!!

Ferguson Family said...

I'm going with a combo on this one. Just be glad Tracey wasn't with you or there's no telling who you would have run into.

K.Booth said...

I ran into my sister over at the valley market.