Friday, October 31, 2008

Viva Las Vegas

Disclaimer: For all who read Kelli's blog this may be a repeat with different pictures


Last weekend I went to Vegas to visit my sisters Kelli and Jamie without my husband or kids. Every mom should do this at least once in theirs lives, it was so fun and relaxing. No responsibilities or anyone to worry about, but myself. I even told Kelli I was on vacation from changing diapers.



This is cute little Avery and her matching mom. She's a good little baby, we drug her around everywhere and she hardly made a peep.


I got to meet Oakly. He's the inspiration behind us getting a dog.


The joke of the weekend was that we were going to go Chippendale's and drink margaritas, you know, since we were in Las Vegas. So here we are with our margaritas.

btw, doesn't Jamie have a beautiful home.




Kelli on the dance floor. Dancing with her child and dogs. Wow, what a party!



If you look closely, you may notice that we even sugared the rims of our glasses. Sorry Avery you have to be 21 to drink margaritas.





We went to a park in Boulder City and grilled foil dinners (yum, yum). There's something about waiting and waiting after prepairing the dinners at home, packing everything up, driving to your location, realizing you don't have enough charcoal so you have to send someone to the store to get more, lighting the charcoal and waiting for them to burn and become perfect coals, when they are just right (or a little befor in our case) putting on the foil dinners and waiting and waiting for them to cook... makes tin foil dinners taste so good! We also roasted marshmallows and made smores.



Avery, in all her cute chubbiness. (okay, so maybe I changed a few diapers)


We went to Lucille's BBQ for dinner


Here we are at Chippendales, I mean Phantom of the Opera. It was such a good show and the best part: We bought the cheepest seats, but right before it started the usher moved us up to front and center. They were the awesomest seats, The chandelier was right above us. So at the end when it dropped we all thought we were gonners.

I don't want to embarress anyone so I'm not going to name names, but on the way out of the theater one of us may or may not have tripped and took a huge dive all the way down to the floor - splat! We left the theater in tears we were laughing soooo hard.

It was a super fun weekend. We had some good laughs and visits. I was sad to see it end, but reality was calling.




Halloween preview

Halloween party at the church. This is the cake walk.


Abbey and friends and her teacher Miss Cindy at her preschool Halloween party.




11 comments:

Kelli said...

um...just in case everyone is wondering if i have lost my figure, or maybe let myself go, or maybe she's pregnant again...that stupid green shirt is so unflattering. it makes me look like i have udders or something.

mmm...tin foil dinners...

oh, and we didn't "drug" avery.

Brandon said...

...and Oakley is a girl.

also: waiting, waiting, prepairing.

Kelli, why do you tuck your shirts into your garments? very odd.

Kelli said...

i dont tuck my shirts into my garments! that is a white undershirt. but i hate that green shirt - it makes it look like i do. i am burning that shirt right now. what a source of embarrasment and unflatterment. (that's a word i made up)

what does "waiting waiting prepairing" mean?

nettie said...

i thought i saw your g's too kelli. I too have a green shirt that kinda looks like that, and is also very unflattering.

drugged avery, lol!

jamie is that your aqua room?

nettie said...

emily also gives a garment peep show.

nettie said...

love the halloween costumes. mylie looks so cute in that pic. do abbey's shoes hurt her feet, cause morgan's sparkley's hurt her feet.

jamie k said...

this trip/visit will never get old. i'm still laughing from the splat.

yes nettie, that is my "aqua" room...but like i said, it's more blue than aqua.

and if it makes you feel better kelli, andy said that shirt doesn't make you look that that usually in real life, it's just the pictures.

cathy said...

Looks like great sista time! Your hair looks great Emily.

nettie said...

i just noticed 'toto' in abbey's basket. cute. did she use oskar when you actually went trick or treating?

Yatesfam said...

Your mom told us on Halloween that Brandon finally got his "Boy", a boxer puppy. He is so dang cute, I just love that sweet innocent face! I love the giraffe costume. Caden has an infactuation with giraffes and he has 2 stuffed ones. Big Faffie and Little Faffie and they still go everywhere with us. BTW Brandon, Caden was asking where Abbey was on Halloween...lol

Shellee said...

you guys crack me up and I too was wondering if Avery was really "drugged" around. To be honest I have thought frequently of drugging my child though it has never resulted in that....yet. It seemed like such a fun time.