Sunday, May 29, 2011

Hawaii Wrap-Up

I know.  You are sick of me posting about my vacation.  Well, to be fair, the requests to see pictures of Hawaii were the inspiration for my renewed interest in blogging.  Besides, it was awesome.  Alas, this will be the last post about our trip.
Wailua Falls

Does Emily look a beach-goer, or a farmer?

These are our good friends Dave and Sarah, in whose condo we stayed (thanks again). Major thanks to them for convincing us to take this trip. I always felt like Hawaii was something 'other people' did. I never envisioned myself taking the trip until they came to our house one night and talked us into it. It was WELL worth it.

Check out the backdrop we had while swimming.

Lighthouse

This dude had the biggest nipples I've ever seen. They were like soda cans.



Tour of a restored Hawaiian Village

Looking out over Honalei Valley's taro farms from Princeville

Shipwreck Beach.  It may look pleasant, but the surf really beat us up.

Waimea Canyon.  Here is the gang again.  It was so fun to vacation with friends (not to mention NO KIDS!!!)

Beautiful scenery.  HORRIBLE picture of both of us.

This was taken at the end of the day, and seconds after I crawled out of the ocean.

Twilight on the beach.

This was the last picture we took in Hawaii.  I'm getting emotional just typing that.

5 comments:

jamie k said...

i'm not sick of any of this blogging.

emily, you look so pretty and your hair is cute.

Kelli said...

the masons are looking skinny!

i clicked on that picture, and those nipples don't look big to me. maybe you've never took a gander at a nursing mother - those are soda cans. (and something like soda comes out...so the analogy is complete.)

don't stop blogging! i'm sure there was a half marathon, preschool graduation, a baby who took his first steps, end of first grade something or other that happened in mason land. plus i don't even know what your kids look like. keep it coming! come on!!!!!!

Mary said...

I love the last picture.

I'm holding out as the only one who hasn't mentioned nipples on my blog yet.

Kelli said...

ha ha mary! nipples are funny. has kim mentioned nipples yet?

Ferguson Family said...

I'm going with Farmer. Oh and where are the nude beach pictures?