Friday, May 27, 2011

So, I'm a blogger now

OK, 3 posts in 3 days.  I'm on a serious roll.  Thanks to my sister-in-law and fellow blog-enthusiast, Mary, I learned there is a new interface for creating these blogs.  I was on some old version, basically rubbing 2 sticks together to make fire, when all you other bloggers out there were using a blowtorch.

This post is nothing more than a trial for me to try some new tricks.  I guess while I'm at it, I will bore you some more with posts about Hawaii.  Below are 2 of my favorite things about visiting the islands:

It is REALLY easy to wake up early and get going.  Because of the time change, your body makes you wake up very early.  This particular morning, Emily and I woke up at 4:30am and went out to watch the sun rise.  We relaxed in this hammock, and watched a ton of dolphins and a few whales out in the ocean.


Speaking of animals, we saw so many sea turtles.  They were all around us while we were snorkeling.  Here is a great photo of a turtle bum.

Also, I loved the Hawaiian Shave Ice.  This little shack had great stuff.  Like the rest of the island, there were wild chickens and roosters all around you.


This post was ridiculously dumb.  Forgive me.

7 comments:

Brandon said...

By the way, my test didn't work. I was trying to make the blog have bigger pictures. Anyone have any pointers?

jamie k said...

"We relaxed in this hammock... We saw so many sea turtles. They were all around us... Here is a great photo of a turtle bum... Also, I loved the Hawaiian Shave Ice... There were wild chickens and roosters." OK, Did the 6-year-old know-it all write this blog. Literally it sounds like a 6 year old wrote this for a school project explaining what his family did over the summer.

Kelli said...

click on the picture and then select "extra large".

that is so cool you swam with sea turtles!

jamie k said...

what??? andy totally left that comment. his second comment of his life.

jamie k said...

btw, i love the blogging. keep it up.

Eric and Maryn said...

Mase,
I love that you're blogging. I'm so jealous of your vacation. Looks like so much fun.

Not to sound like a total blog-nerd, but if you want to make blogging super easy you could download Windows Live Writer. After the download, you just enter your blog address, write your post, and it will publish it to your blog. It uploads pictures faster than the speed of light and sizing them is simple. You will be hooked on blogging for-e-ver. ( I realize that I do in fact sound like a blog-nerd.)

Mallred

Brandon said...

Mallred,

When did you get the job in the Microsoft Marketing Department? Nice to hear from you, by the way...